Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Neighbourhood: Pride of India.





Before the recent wet spell, I went out on a sunny day to capture these Pride of Indias lining two of the streets in this neighbourhood. They made a fine show of colour. The rain brought down some of the flowers. And here is a small Hibiscus, just for fun!

The pictures were taken with a Pentax Spotmatic film camera, as a trial; I have not used film for ten years. The negs were diditized using a Canon 4200F scanner & Picture Window Pro.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ian, thanks for visiting. I think I like your flowers better than mine. The colors so beautiful!
Sunday and muggy in the tropics, I want to swim but cannot get into gear today, bit lazy. I swim every week day and have a coach who works me very hard. So will do a bit of embroidery and read a good book. Currently an espionage novel, "The faithful spy," set in Pakistan.
aloha Lilla

meggie said...

Thanks for the kind wishes Ian. We have been having light rain all day, so it is very humid, but good for the bushfires, which an arsonist had started locally.
The news is still dreadful in Victoria, & the toll of dead is mounting as they find more bodies. The country is awash in grief, along with the people most affected.

Those Pride of India look very like what we call Crepe Myrtle? I wonder if they are one & the same.