
The sun came out after two solid days of rain: time to get some laundry out to dry.
On a more pleasant note, many of the streets around this neighbourhood are lined with flowering trees. Before the rain, the Pride of India came into full bloom, a lovely pattern of pink-mauve-purple flowers. I took the above with the old Pentax film camera. The gardens and grass are all green, and all's right with the little world near here, before that summer sun gets REALLY hot again! No time for more, I am behind-hand with a lot of things -- who said retired folk were lazy.................?

2 comments:
Ian, thanks for dropping by my blog. How did you find it?
I love to go home to NZ too. Often in March, April or May The best months for sure. Not too far from Hawaii. A long way for you to travel from SA.
NZ is changing, more integrated into Asia these days. Have to go to my home village for the real NZ in the Heartland now.
It is adorable, still little and unchanged. Name is Otorohanga, Sth. of Hamilton near the West coast, if you ever go there. Waitomo caves are nearby.
I like to take photos and see you do too. Visit my blog again will you and I will check for your thoughts on the land Down Under.
aloha Lilla and Kia Ora
Ian, to answer about the fairy artist, Arthur Rackham, I love his art and have a calendar with some of his paintings on the months.
Quiet day in the Islands, I am restoring myself after the trip and then a cold. Whenever I fly I seem to catch one.
I did walk about today and took photos on my street which is also our new President's old home.
Mr. Obama that is. Will post them soon.
aloha Lilla
Post a Comment