This past week we've had unseasonal cold, damp weather, unusual for midsummer. On Monday 19th quite a number of mushrooms suddenly appeared, in a shady damp spot that doesn't get the sun. I followed the growth of a large white one through the week, it's a remarkable phenomenon:
Monday, it popped out of the ground-cover;
By Wednesday, large and round, about the span of my thumb and forefinger:

Thursday, full-blown, what next?

Friday morning: dissolved into a puddle of goo; returned to the earth from whence it came:

A life-cycle in five days, something I'd never seen before; and right outside the apartment.
There were a few smaller brown ones which followed the same cycle:
2 comments:
Very cool. I would never have guess they'd dissolve like that. Good shots.
Thank you; I had difficulty getting a focussed picture in that light: used both flash and natural light!
Post a Comment