Switzerland, May 2008: My hostess and I had a nice day out visiting the Stanserhorn, an alpine peak south of Lucerne, with views of the western end of the Bernese Oberland. The original cableway to the peak was one of the oldest in Switzerland, but the very steep upper part has been replaced with a cableway.
In the souvenir shop I noticed this (above) clever little carving of an owl, set into the tree-trunk -- something quintessentially Swiss.
The picture below is of the original winding-engine for the cable railway, which I seem to remember was built in the 19th century. The Swiss are past masters at this sort of thing!
The views from there are, of course, outstanding, but I'll leave bloggers in suspense while I look for the photos -- maybe tomorrow...........!!
Meantime, may your day/night, as the case may be, be peaceful, fruitful and enjoyable.
Tchüss.

No comments:
Post a Comment