Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Land of the Long White Cloud

Writing from New Zealand again (I was here last October), now in North Shore, Auckland for a while. A two-day journey from home left me out of kilter, but a couple of days of brilliant sunny weather has put me right. It's quite a novelty to go to The City by ferry, but there is much to see here in Devonport, a delightfully 'atmospheric' -- and photogenic -- place. My photos are still in the camera, but may be able to download them some time as I'm based with a family for a couple of weeks.

I'm afraid it's too busy around here to add much at the moment.

Ciao for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ian, darn it! I wish I was there. Last May last time in Devonport. Check out the market on the wharf on weekends.
aloha Lilla

Ian Buchan said...

Thanks, we will! Yesterday evening I walked on North Head, stunning views of the whole harbour from Rangitoto to the Bridge, the air so clear here you can see to Coromandel. Like your blog, by the way! Cheers.