I see there's a long gap in blogs here; retired people are not supposed to be that busy, but I've been trying to do a number of projects -- updating photos, fixing and experimenting with old cameras, and arranging another visit to NZ -- somehow the time slipped away.
I haven't looked up the origin of this piece of English colloquialism, but tradititionally Monday was a bad day for working folk -- gathering your wits aftera relaxing weekend, oversleeping afetr a getaway trip - the excuses wre legion whenb I was one of the toiling masses. I'm happy to say that oversleeping is no longer important, and that weekends, public holidyas and weekdays seem to merge into a quietly continuity of the retired senior citizen's routine. Sorry, you working people, but your time will come!
Le temps fuis, is the other old saying.
I'm afraid that getting up at 5am (for a change) has left my brain rather sluggish, so I really can't make much of a blog today.
--Depends what you mean by "a good blog", doesn't it: how does a "bad blog" arise, and when?
But enough, I'm going to make another cup of tea and read the newspaper!
Ciao, as they say.
I haven't looked up the origin of this piece of English colloquialism, but tradititionally Monday was a bad day for working folk -- gathering your wits aftera relaxing weekend, oversleeping afetr a getaway trip - the excuses wre legion whenb I was one of the toiling masses. I'm happy to say that oversleeping is no longer important, and that weekends, public holidyas and weekdays seem to merge into a quietly continuity of the retired senior citizen's routine. Sorry, you working people, but your time will come!
Le temps fuis, is the other old saying.
I'm afraid that getting up at 5am (for a change) has left my brain rather sluggish, so I really can't make much of a blog today.
--Depends what you mean by "a good blog", doesn't it: how does a "bad blog" arise, and when?
But enough, I'm going to make another cup of tea and read the newspaper!
Ciao, as they say.


No comments:
Post a Comment